RE: [IP] MM 508

email @ redacted was told by Minimed:

>Batteries - the ones they sell are stronger than the
>ones we can buy in the local stores.  But we can use the
>local ones if we need last minute replacements.

OK -- all you engineer types out there -- is this possible??? I thought the
batteries were batteries.  Could MM batteries be "stronger"?? are they made
differently than those I buy at the local discount drug store - Marc's???
What is the shelf life of these batteries??? AND LASTLY -- who actually
manufacturers these batteries for MiniMed???? I've seen no difference in the
length of time they last for Andrea.  One of the reasons we went with MM was
the relative low cost of the batteries (@$.99). HMMMMM - sounds a little
fishy to me, but then I'm naturally skeptical.

Liz B.