[IP] Insulin Resistance (?)

I was wondering if someone could clear up some confusion I have with the
term insulin resistance.  My understanding of the term was that someone who
is insulin resistant needed more insulin then some who isn't.  However, the
result of taking that insulin for the food was the same.  For example
someone who isn't insulin resistant needs 1:12 ratio on a certain meal, and
then they became insulin resistant and now needed 1:8.

But I am not sure that is true.  Is it that insulin takes longer to react?
Such as instead of H peaking in 2hrs it peaks in 3.5?  I thought that was
something different also...

If someone could write me on this list or personally to help clear up my
confusion I would greatly appreciate it.

-- Sherry