[IP] MM 508

Talked to my MM rep today (the CDE not sales staff).
She said the price for the 507 will cange as of Dec 1.
It will be the same as the 508.  This is to discourgae
insurance companies from making patients get the old
model if they want the new one.  The 507 will not be
produced after Jan 1.

Asked her about the messages I've read about the
problems some of you are having with the 508.  Her
response was

Batteries - the ones they sell are stronger than the
ones we can buy in the local stores.  But we can use the
local ones if we need last minute replacements.

Cases - the 508 leather case is designed to fit the 508
and teh old case fits the old ones.  They are not

Alarms - they weren't warned about the time change alarm
either.  They will warn new customers to expect the
alarm next spring.

What did I forget to ask her?  I am still trying to
choose between the MM and the D.  My eating patterns
seem to favor the square bolus, so I am leaning toward
MM.  I hae until Jan 1 to make up my mind.  We can't
order until my husband's cafeteria plan at work starts
the new year.   And since waiting will save us $300 on
incomme tax next year, we're waiting.