Re: [IP] strange a.m. numbers

In a message dated 11/14/99 9:40:31 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My basals for now are 12am-7am=.4 and 7am-12am=.6. I am
 confused!! Thanks for all info!  >>
Just one thought on your basals.  You might want to increase your basals
about 2 hours before your dawn phenomenom hits.   Remember YMMV, this works
for me, don't know about everyone.

I have tested a few nights "thru the night" every hour to try to figure this
time out.  Depending on how many complex carbs, like bread, I ate for dinner,
it goes higher in early ams (even if I bolus correct amount and am ok 2 hrs
past eating).  A large prime rib does the same thing.  If I get all my eating
done by 6pm it works best.  My basals are a lot higher than you, but I'm on
Velosulin too.  I raise mine between 3:30am and 9:30 am from 1.1 to 1.4. Plus
I do my exercise in the am too, or else I'd raise it higher/longer.  It's not
unusual for me to make an early am correction of 1-2.5 units at about 6am
when I get up.  Sometimes I need this, sometimes not.  Depends on what time
of cycle (that girly thing) and what was for dinner night before. This is
better done at 4am, but I do like to sleep sometimes.

Lots of luck,  sounds like you're doing great so far,