[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: [IP] Re: finding the right doc-for Susan K

Hi Carole,

I am thinking of calling some of the internists on the HMO
list and asking if they work with DM and pumps.  It never
hurts to try.  There are a lot more internists on the list
than endos.



--- email @ redacted wrote:
> Susan,
> If you lived near St. Louis I could point you in the
> direction of a General 
> Practitioner that would be great.  He has, and both of
> his adult children 
> have diabetes.  He is my kids doctor and I found him
> about five years after I 
> started seeing the endocrinologist I see.  If I had any
> bad feelings about my 
> doctor, this GP would be my second choice.  As long as
> the doctor has a real 
> interest in diabetes and is knowledgeable, he/she does
> not have to be an 
> endocrinologist. 
> Keep trying to find someone who suits your needs and
> don't limit your scope 
> to one type of doctor.  HMO's can be a real pain to deal
> with and to be 
> worked with.  Taking a proactive approach to dealing with
> diabetes shouldn't 
> be so hard.  Those that ignore their health give the rest
> of us a bad name.  
> Take care.
> Carole

*                                   *
*  -- Susan K.  (^i^)               *
*      E-mail: email @ redacted  *
*        Fax: (530) 380-8851        *
*                                   *
Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml