[IP] Re: Infusion Sites

I want to thank you for the information.  I even received one personal
e-mail that gave me so much information to explore and work with.  I had to
print this one off and read and check out all the things that could be the
problem.  Thanks for all the help.  I have changed the site as has been
suggested.  I discovered that this morning the red circle was gone, but the
red needle length was still there.  There was no pus evident when I have
changed either of the sites that were in question.  I have used two
different plastic patches, both of which I had used once before with no
problem.  The rash never did reach the outer edges of the patch, so it is
probably from the site problem as was suggested to me.  Unfortunately, I had
a Tender set to try, but since I wasn't shown anything about any sets
besides the bent needle quick release set my insurance pays for, I messed up
the Tender set by pulling out something I wasn't supposed to before
inserting it in the skin.  And I'll be darned if it wouldn't go back in the
way it came out.  *grin*  Anyway, I have used another set and will contact
my CDE tomorrow morning to see if she has anymore samples of the Tenders or
comparable sets that I can try to see if that is the problem.  If the metal
in the needle is the problem, I will have to find out what my insurance
company says to do.  It's too bad insurance companies have so much control
over what we can use, but since they do, I will just have to meet their
recommendations.  I'll keep you posted on what I find out, and if there are
any other ideas, please feel free to contact me and let me know of them.