[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #669

In a message dated 11/14/1999 8:24:01 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 Erika goes through the needles for her Humalog pen, like crazy!  She said
 she only reuses them if she has too.  They are quite expensive, and it seems
 to me, if she is the only one using them, why not use them more than once.
 Any thoughts are appreciated.
 Kim S. >>
When I was using the pen, and even the syringe, I used the same needle
countless times till it was too uncomfortable(annoyingly painful.) I NEVER
got an infection and it certainly was a good way to keep the expenses down.
I think the needle is 30 gauge which makes insertion  more comfortable.  Good