[IP] RE: A pumper in the house.

Yes, the Pumper in the house book is from MiniMed.  It states it is a simple guide for friends and family of kids and teens on the pump.  It was inspired by a grandmother of a 2-year-old pumper grandson and has been expanded to cover kids of all ages.   It seems perfect for day care providers, school, grandparents and others who don't need to know everything, but need to be comfortable in use of pump and diabetes care.

We live in Marshalltown, Iowa. (between Des Moines and Waterloo).   I agree that you could call Minimed or your pump rep and ask for a copy.   Thanks for advice about carb book.  I had thought of most of other supplies.  At this point, John or I would have to come to school and change a set.  But I don't see that as a problem.  We will keep extra insulin and injection supplies in case Mike would need it.

The remote and 0.5 increments have not been a problem.  Our ratio right now is 1 unit to 15 carbs so it seems to come out OK.  Thanks for double checking my procedures and for the advice.

Sue Cahill, mom of SIXSONS (our license plate)
Mike, 7 yrs old, dx 1-97, pumping since 11-10