Re: [IP] Re: finding the right doc-for Susan K

If you lived near St. Louis I could point you in the direction of a General
Practitioner that would be great.  He has, and both of his adult children
have diabetes.  He is my kids doctor and I found him about five years after I
started seeing the endocrinologist I see.  If I had any bad feelings about my
doctor, this GP would be my second choice.  As long as the doctor has a real
interest in diabetes and is knowledgeable, he/she does not have to be an

Keep trying to find someone who suits your needs and don't limit your scope
to one type of doctor.  HMO's can be a real pain to deal with and to be
worked with.  Taking a proactive approach to dealing with diabetes shouldn't
be so hard.  Those that ignore their health give the rest of us a bad name.
Take care.