Re: [IP] ER

and Brian wrote:
>  Actually ER was hitting on a subject of diabetes that is more RARE..
>  is MODY diabetes  or Mature Onset Diabetes in the Young  (or something

MODY children who develop a form of type 2 are generally lean.  This is
identifiable via genetic testing.  MODY should not be confused with the
increased onset of Type 2 in obese children.

 <A HREF="http://www.herald.com/herald/content/docs/living/008984.htm">Miami
Herald: More teens at risk for Type 2 d...</A>

Here's a link for an introduction to MODY:

<A HREF="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Omim/dispmim?125850">OMIM
ENTRY 125850</A>

As a person who chats frequently at the Children With Diabetes Parents'
chatroom, I'd like to say that parents of children with all types of diabetes
need our love and support and they too struggle with the constant flow of
misinformation or poorly understood aspects of their children's disease.