No Subject

"email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] re: disconnecting
Sender: email @ redacted

Hi Jessica,
I was in the same boat as you. Had perfect control before I tried to
reinitiate my exercise program. Been struggling for almost a month with
charts that look like the Rocky Mountains. But things are smoothing out
now. Finally!

Your plan sounds great! I did a search of the Pumpers site to see what
recommendations others had around disconnecting. I was amazed at the
range of different approaches. Just reassured me to go with my
instincts and test, test, test.

I'm currently taking 1/4 of my usual supper bolus before exercise.
Immediately before my workout, I take a .5 unit bolus for the insulin
that I will be missing while disconnected. I try to ensure my bgs are
between 8-10mmols (that's between 145-180 in US mgs) when beginning
class and use Gatorade to keep them up during class. At the end of
class(after about 1 1/2 hours, I need to bolus another 2 units when I
reconnect. That keeps me from spiking high after class. Seems to be
working but still need some more fine tuning as I actually went low in
the middle of the night last night.... It's so challenging. But keep
trying. You WILL find what works for you. Good luck. Marilyn