Re: [IP] Recycling supplies-David

On 12 Nov 99, at 21:46, Jane B Reese wrote:

> remember, I am from the "old" school which learned to sterilize them each
> and every day by boiling them - and the stainless steel needles - each
> time I used them.

You Mean! I was supposed to "boil them each and every day?"  ;>)
I think I used to do that once a month, about the same schedule I
now use for lancets.  In between "boils", I kept my syringe and
needle in a tall olive jar filled with cotton and alcohol. Remember,
always remove the olives so it's not confused as a cocktail. :>O

> Never had an infection, and never a problem with sites.  I also use and
> re-use my finger-pokers. Ooooops.......  I also clean my fingers each
> "poke" with plenty of alcohol.

A suggestion, Jane.  Stop the alcohol, it is reported to "toughen"
skin.  My docs just had me use soap and hot water.  The soap
was disinfectant enough for those kinds of punctures and the hot
water would bring the vessels closer to the surface, easier bleeding!

(from another "old school")