Re: [IP] Hot insulin

In a message dated 11/11/99 8:58:01 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< So...my body temperature is 98.6 F. Insulin has to be able to survive at
 that temperature, right? Normal pancreases operate at that temperature,
 right? So how come our bottled stuff has problems? If it can't handle that
 temperature outside the body, how does it stay active once injected?
I think the problem occurs for me because in Phoenix in the summer we are
well above 98.6.  Also take into account the approximately 20 units (assuming
42" tubing) outside the body sitting in the tubing.  I'll bet it gets a lot
hotter there than in the body.  For me that 20 units is a half day's supply.