Re: [IP] When To Test

In a message dated 11/11/99 1:39:43 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I normally test every 3 hours between 5:30am and 8:30pm. When I eat and
 and then test an hour later (according to this schedule), my numbers are
high. >>
When I was on MDI I tested on a "clock" schedule.  Since pumping I've found I
get better results from testing pre-eating,  2 hrs post eating (on this one I
correct if too high/low)  high=take more insulin, low=do a lower temp basal.
Then repeat the same thing for the next meal.  This usually gets the tests
2-3 hours apart, but they are more consistent being related to eating than on
a set time schedule.  Also test prior to and after exercise.  According to my
result prior to exercise I lower my basal, leave it alone, or take a small
bolus.  Then test after exercise to see what it did to me.  I've gotten this
down pretty well now so I can predict exercise results fairly consistently.
Then of course test when going to bed.  And if I wake in the night. And
whenever the mood strikes, and more if I'm sick, like today.. ...

The strip companys friend,