Re: [IP] Insulin Storage

 Natalie, you are indeed correct.  Pretty sharp for a nonsicentist *S*.   I
was mentally comparing the secreted insulin to that which is injected.  But
there is some limited storage in the normal beta cell.  With a sudden
increase in BG this all gets dumped into the blood and then within 10 min,
newly synthesized insulin is steadily secreted if the BG is still high.

Well, actually,  there IS insulin storage in the pancreas. The insulin
is manufactured and stored in granules; when stimulated by glucose, the
beta cell "throws" the granule out. I can't give you the specifics, but
there is a specific chemical reaction that has been documented.
	Even so, I don't think the insulin is stored for very long; I surmise
that when there are enough granules present in the beta cells,
manufacture slows down, and when there are few, it speeds up.