Re: [IP] exercise....

In a message dated 11/12/99 11:25:56 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< so, did i need to cut my humulog dose by 1/2 when i was on MDI due to
leftover NPH floating around? >>

I cut my bolus about 50% if I am going to exercise within an hour and a half
because the exercise seems to make the humalog double effective.  I do not
usually find I go high later. (unless it gets into that gastroparesis thiing)
But I don't lower the basals for exercise, except during the night after
exceptionally long (or repeated) sessions.

Linda Zottoli