Re: [IP] diabetes awareness month

from debbiej, i agree whole heartedly, i was dx at age 31 with type 1 and
all my nurse friends always say that i have no control and dont take care of
myself cause they see me eating more or less what i want to and that i pump
and check bs often. if the health care professsion does not understand a
grown woman with a pump how can we make the world understand that the pump
is freedom beyond belief for a 13 yr.old. i was touch by the letter and his
attemp to help others understand what we go thru and what those wonderful
little machines have done to help us all be normal type 1 or type 2 we are
all in this together untill we find a cure!!!! we should all make our
business to help the world understand what this horrible thing (diabetes)
does to our parents ,siblings, children and to us as individuals maybe then
poeple will begin to understand the horific need for a cure!!!! ps. those
wonderful caring people i work with are critical care nurses