Re: [IP] diabetes awareness month

To the "young diabetic" who wrote this nasty response to a letter written by
a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD BOY...Diabetes, no matter what type, is a disease which
many people do not understand.  I have had numerous people say to me, upon
finding out I am on the insulin pump, "Oh wow, you must have it really bad,
huh?"  If you read this boy's letter over again, you will see that he is not
saying one type is "worse" than another, nor is he saying that one type
deserves more attention.  He is merely stating that he has type 1 diabetes
and is on an insulin pump.  He is also stating the MISCONCEPTIONS thought by
other people who are ignorant or miseducated-he is NOT stating his OWN
opinions.  The fact that you would have a response so utterly mean and nasty
to a letter such as this, written by a child, sickens me.  PLEASE, read this
letter again, remembering to remember who it is written by, and paying
attention to EXACTLY what it says, before you post a response as nasty as the
one you posted.
Sincerely, Kelly (a Type 1 diabetic-who believes that ALL types are equally
important, as far as finding a cure is concerned)