Re: [IP] Re: Reusing Lancets

Kirsten, you made a big big mistake asking your endo this question.  He
clearly doesn't have to poke his fingers.  I'm sure you'll hear lots of
advice on this, but after 20 gadzillion sticks by members of this list with
old lancets, no one has ever reported infected fingers.  The only problem
I've heard reported is that after about 50 pokes it starts to hurt a bit
more :-)  So enjoy,  and next time post your query here first.

<<<<<<<<<From: "Kirsten Schwendiman" <email @ redacted>
At my endo appt today, I asked about reusing lancets (I've done this for
probably 5-6 years with no problems) and was told not EVER to do it.  The
reason I asked was because I switched to a Softclix (thanks to this list)
after the old Softouch began to really bother my fingers and needed a
prescription for Softclix lancets.  I've got enough Softclix lancets for
another week if I only use one/day, but the mailorder pharmacy we use will
take longer than that to get the new ones here.  Hopefully, my fingers will
be a little less sore by then and it'll only be another week or so before
the new ones arrive.  I'm thinking I'll keep doing what I've been doing and
just hope nothing happens.