[IP] Problems with 508

Has anyone else had problems with the 508.  Here goes,

1.pump arrived 10/21 within 10 hours it failed.  The LCD screen went
blank.  No time, nothing.  The unit was working, I could audio bolus and
turn on the backlight but no info. on the screen.  Minimed suggests
sending a new pump, I accept.

2. The lovely a37 alarm on Oct 31st plus and e03 alarm and and e01 alarm
all due to the daylight savings problem.

3.  My remote will not work.  I press on the buttons and nothing.  The
remote has a green light that comes on when a button is pressed and the
indicates that the remote is working.  Mine no light.  Changed
batteries.  Great it works.  The next day go to use the remote doesn't
work the two minutes later it works then again later that day it doesn't
work.  The remote must have some sort of short in the battery casing.
Minimed suggest sending a new remote, I accept.

4. Pump #2, goes from a fully functional pump to a pump that says no
power in 1 second flat.  No lower battery warning at all.  I was driving
at the moment and I thought if this was to happen I would have a 10%
battery life left so I could at least go the rest of the afternoon and
then change out my batteries.  Nope, no warning just a no power alarm
and no more working pump.
    I change the batteries and pump is up and running again.  Oops pump
batteries go in less than 48 hours. Call Minimed and they say there is a
definite problem.  Minimed suggest a new pump, I accept with great

This is my experience with the great 508.  I paid $750 to upgrade to the
508 from the 507c.  Why did I do this.  And this pump still has a defect
with the Daylight Savings Time change problem.  I will have to deal with
the a37 alarm again in April.  A minor inconvenience yes, but still
another inconvenience.

Anybody else having this much fun.  I will admit Minimed has been great
in addressing the issues and getting me new product. But why am I having
these problems and how long do I have to put up with it.  This product
should of never been put into the end users hands yet!!, I hate being a
guinea pig.