Re: [IP] Re: Expensive Cat Toys

In a message dated 11/11/99 8:35:27 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< What if you put something on the outside of the tubing that the cat
 really hates the taste of-like hot sauce or that peppery stuff you can
 get to discourage fingernail chewing--would that decrease kitty's
 interest after a couple of tries?
 Laura (with 1 old kitty who lives with her parents) & Shane (with one
 cockatiel bird that hates Laura) >>

Look at the pet store for a product called "Bitter Apple".  It works great
with chewing puppies, I'll bet cats hate the taste too.

I've been pumping for 4yrs now and have 4 cats.  One of the four is attracted
to the tubing, sweeeeet little Thunder.  One of the first nights we had him
(he was so little and cute) he chewed thru my tubing while I was sleeping
(baaaad kitty). I'm a light sleeper so I woke up when I felt the tugging.
Now I wear jammies EVERY night and tuck the tubing into the bottoms and make
sure to have at least a sheet over me.  When taking a shower, I hide the pump
and tubing under a towel.  I used to put it in a drawer, until one day I
forgot to put it back on. . . . OOOPS

Thunder and I have come to a better understanding.