[IP] forgot meter

regarding forgetting meter and strips....

I did a good one when i went to france and scotland for 2 weeks a few years
ago..I brought my profile and what i THOUGHT were enough strips, plus my
exact tech with a few days worth of strips as back up.  I went with my nurse
educator from home medical, gerri, who many of you probably know in South
Florida!!..anyway...we had a grand old time for the first week, and we were
both testing fools....eating fools made us so...so after the first week,
gerri was coming home and i was going on to scotland, and i pull out my
suplies to pack up and lo and behold, i have like 1 days left of profile
strips, and those few days of the exact tech strips...not near enough for a
whole week, plus just in case!  And I really do remember double checking
supplies!!  All I can think is maybe i threw a full bottle of 25 away
thinking it was full of USED strips, since that is where i put them, or one
had fallen out and gotten lost

Fortunately for me, Gerri had over packed supplies and had tons of strips for
the exact tech which she loaned me and I was not worried.  Just for kicks, I
went to a pharmacy that day, and they had 2 different meters...can't remember
which, but NOT profile or exact tech, but it made me more comfortable to know
that even if i hadn't had gerri with me, i would have been fine - that is why
i always take mr. visa...he can buy me a new meter and the strips to use in
it if i need it...