[IP] Dreading Quarterly Endo Visit

My quarterly endo visit is tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. I am
absolutely dreading it! Does anyone else feel this
way? I have been on pump therapy for seven months. My
A1C has gone from 30-33% over the labs highest normal
down to 23% four months ago. My target is 20% or less
over the labs highest normal. Over the past 3 months,
my pumping skills have increased tremendously and the
control seems to be following.

The average of all the levels over the past 30 days is
at 134. I am doing carb counting, testing an average
of 6 times per day, and changing my infusion set every
three to four days. The endo said, my basal rates were
adjusted properly on my last visit (Thanks for your
help everyone). But said, with meticulous control, my
hypoglycemia awareness would return. I don't know, if
I can obtain any better control.

Yet, I still seem to underestimate the carbs in a meal
several times a week. There have been 36 hypos in the
last month (half below 40). I would guess 15 of them
wouldn't have happened, if I hadn't been sick 3 weeks
and eating carbs without any protein.

My one sin may be not been keeping hand written logs.
I am using the Accu-Chek Complete, which graphs and
logs 100 reading in its computer. I maintained manual
logs for over a year, with detailed times,
insulin,carbs, and exercise. I became overwhelmed with
details in other areas of my life and something had to

So, will my endo let me have it tomorrow? Please don't
take this as complaining or wining. I feel very
fortunate to be able to see an endo and have insurance
coverage, which allows me join the 6-8% of other
diabetics who are pumping.

Andrea Seitz
Diabetic 30 of 33 years
Living Well With The Pump for 7 Months