Re: [IP] Glucophage and the Pump

a.. From: mailto:email @ redacted,Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:31:06 EST

>>I was put on Glucophage to take care of my insulin resistance.  I used to
take large doses of Humalog with meals and still had high numbers.  I can
now
take a lower dose and stay in my target range.  I thought Glucophage helped
with weight loss because it has metaformin in it, which acts as an appetite
suppressant??  Anyone else hear this?
Jamie>>

My Pharmacist said Glucophage is Metaformin in generic form.  It is not an
appetite suppressant.  I saw a post on here months ago about someone else
being put on Metaformin for weight loss, so I went to my doctor.  He wrote a
prescription and this is what I got.  When I told the pharmacist that I
thought the prescription was for Gloucophage and why this is what he told me
and how it worked.

Jill