Re: [IP] Glucophage and the Pump

a.. From: mailto:email @ redacted,Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:31:06 EST

>>I was put on Glucophage to take care of my insulin resistance.  I used to
take large doses of Humalog with meals and still had high numbers.  I can
take a lower dose and stay in my target range.  I thought Glucophage helped
with weight loss because it has metaformin in it, which acts as an appetite
suppressant??  Anyone else hear this?

My Pharmacist said Glucophage is Metaformin in generic form.  It is not an
appetite suppressant.  I saw a post on here months ago about someone else
being put on Metaformin for weight loss, so I went to my doctor.  He wrote a
prescription and this is what I got.  When I told the pharmacist that I
thought the prescription was for Gloucophage and why this is what he told me
and how it worked.