[IP] basal rates

After reading all the post about basal rates I am really surprised. I am a type 2 diabetic and my basal rates are from 12 am to 2 am 2.2 units of humalog from 2 am to 9 am 3.6 units of humalog and from 9am to midnight back to 2.2 units. I guess in my ignorance I thought that with type 1 diabetics that they had to take a lot more insulin but I understand each person is differant and their bodies react differant to differant amounts of insulin. I know being type 2 I am extremely insulin resistant that is why my basal rates are where there are . And as for bolusing I do not have to worry about that at this time since I am in the Atkins protein diet my blood sugars have not gone over 120.
As for testing my blood sugars I test on average 8 to 10 times.
I wish everyone luck in acheiveing their blood sugar goals.