Re: [IP] When To Test

Hi Steve - here Jose from Orlando.

I had a similar problem like yours and the solution was change the
carbohydrate ratio. I had just one and oassed to three - now I have...
well, depending the time, I have one. But you can try three to initiate.
Try to low .5 point each time, at morning, when your BG is high until
you fell confident - but pay attention to this:

You ought to do that at least five times, because each body NEEDS
time to adjust itself at a new pattern... understand? The same to lunch
and dinner times. Maybe the beginning will be though to adjust precisely,
but take your time and you will get it.

We can talk more about a new procedure that I am developing - exactly
about carbo ratio. I will let you and all people know.

Good Luck!

Jose

I have recently been wondering about my blood sugar testing schedule, and I
could use some advice.

I normally test every 3 hours between 5:30am and 8:30pm. When I eat and
bolus,
and then test an hour later (according to this schedule), my numbers are
high.
I'm not too worried about being high at this point, since most of the bolus
has
not had a chance to take effect. But I was wondering ... would I be better
staying on this schedule and recognizing the reason for these highs, or
would it
be better to switch to a schedule that accounts for eating times, or would
it be
better to use some combination of clock time and eating time?

Thanks for your help.

== Steve ==