Re: [IP] Cereal

Hi! My name is Cari Ecklund and I'm new to the list today. I'm very
excited to get additional info. on pumping and diabetes. My son Andrew
4.75 yrs. was DX @ 14 mo. and has been on the Disetronic pump for almost
2 mo. We love it! Life is much easier especially with a very active

We have had the same problem with cereal. (Actually, his morning  #'s
were what motivated us to try the pump this young.) Andrew wakes up at
about 100 (7am) has Cheerios/milk bolus of 1.5 by 9 he's over 300 and by
10:30 he's crashing! (Sometimes as low as 30! EEEEKK) We have had a much
better time now that we try to avoid cereal. He's eating yogurt,
waffles/pancakes, omelets, sausage etc. and that seems to do the trick.
I'd LOVE any other ideas you may have.

Thanks in advance! Cari