RE: [IP] corn starch vs corn meal and spiking

> I must confess that I have never heard of "slow" sugars.  I posted
> yesterday that fructose seemed to show up as glucose in my blood as
> rapidly as sucrose.  Is there professional literature that backs
> this up?  Can you (without a lot of trouble) direct me to the
> substantiating literature?  I mean no insult by asking but I am
> curious.

I don't have the specific reference, but the thread has been
discussed. Perhaps another list member can direct you to a specific
reference or give a technical explanation of the process required to
convert complex sugars to glucose. I'm afraid I'm an historian with
respect to this topic, not a technician.