Re: [IP] help on our start day

Jane,

Not sure what you mean when you ask "How much does Steph raise her square wave
with pizza?"  We are pretty new to this (1 week), but when she had pizza, we
figured the carbs, divided by her carb ratio number and did a square wave bolus
for that amount of insulin over 3 hours.  Our CDE said to always use a 3 hour
square wave with pizza (she also advised us to use a 2 hour one for things like
Italian and Chinese and a 1 hour square wave, when Stephie eats high fat fast
food).  We tested her BS two hours after the square wave bolus was FINISHED and
she was in range.

It's funny you mentioned the "late" hour of your eating yesterday.  Same thing
happened with Steph.  She was at a friend's house.  They called and said they
wouldn't be eating dinner until after 7:30 p.m. and wanted to know what she
should feed Stephie (they are used to her MDI schedule) in the meantime.  It was
great to say "Nothing, unless she wants a snack because she's hungry"!

Laurie, Stephie's mom