[IP] Ketone test strips

Regarding the protein diet that I am on I guess that being in ketosis and ketoacidosis are 2 completely differant things. I am a type 2 diabetic and I know that type 2's do not get  ketoacidosis.  But I have been on this diet for a week now and I have the ketone test strips that you use to test for ketones and the results are always a deep purple that amounts to large ketones. I do not feel sick with the ketosis like a lot of type 1's do when they are in ketoacidosis.    One last thing I would like to say is that this is a great room for support it is nice to be able to say what is actually on your mind and get positive feedback and sometimes negative feedback.
                                           kim mckone