Re: [IP] Started Insulin in Pump

In a message dated 11/11/99 9:49:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I am supposed to snack ONLY to bring up
 a low, and naturally I wouldn't bolus in this case.  >>
   Just be cognizant of the fact that if you overeat for a low ( you know
that "I want to eat the walls" sensation???), you DO need to bolus....My
almost 17yr old daughter only needs a 4 oz juice box to bring herself up from
a low, but if she eats animal crackers or pretzels in addition, she'll always
bolus for the extra carbs....If you can limit yourself to a small snack, your
doctor's rationale may be correct, but just wanted to make sure this was
clear....Also, as the IPers say, "your mileage may vary"- what works
beautifully for one pumper, spells disaster for another......

Regards, Renee (pump mom)