Re: [IP] protein diet- question

A question:  Are "ketosis" & "ketoacidosis" refering to the same thing?  I
had a lunchtime conversation with some co-workers about the Atkins diet &
when I brought up the dangers of ketoacidosis, I was told that ketosis is
not the same.  I had been making the assumption (never a good idea, I
realize) that they were two names for the same condition.  Anyone out there
have the inside scoop?
(No, I'm not considering this in any way...if I get motivated to take off
the extra pounds, I'll do it the old-fashioned way, by working this body!
:)  )