Re: [IP] Basal Rate and Insulin Resistance

In a message dated 11/10/99 1:56:03 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< So have
 I trained my body to require the added insulin in the mornings.  If I
 lowered the basal rate in the morning and just let my blood sugars run
 high for a little while would my body get use to the lower/lesser basal
 rate and not require as much insulin.
 I know strange question but just curios.  Going from 1.2 to .7 seems
 like such a huge difference for a basal rate. >>
No this is not strange at all, in fact quite normal.  Look for info/threads
in the archives on Dawn Phenomenom.  Lots of us have it.  I require 1.5 units
from about 5am to 11am, my other basals are .9 and 1.1.