Re: [IP] help on our start day (pizza)

  He ate stuffed pizza crusts - we bolused accordingly.  I know from the
posts that pizza is hard to deal with.  At at 8:28 - 274, at 8:37 286, at
8:58 - 317.  Is it the pizza or do I have another problem? No
ketones.  Should I ride it out or call endo?

>Sue Cahill
>mom of SIXSONS
>Mike, 7 yrs, dx 1-97 pumping since 3:00 p.m. today

Hi Sue

I would have to say I bet it was the Pizza..  I have a totally different
Carb to insulin ratio when i eat pizza. and i also split my boluses  (since
i don't have square wave).  I would see how he does for awhile longer.  How
are his Basal rate ?  That may also have something to do with it..  If his
Basal rates are wrong his BG will go back up after the Boluses start to
ware off.   My suggestion  (and only a suggestion) is to see how the basal
rates are and once you get his BG down see if they stay down..  I have to
admit that the pump can be frustrating and hard to "get the hang of" at the

you will do good  it will just take a little time.

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
Mailto:email @ redacted