[IP] help on our start day

OK group,

I have been lurking for a couple of months and have asked a few questions.  Today we started my 7 yr old Mike on the pump (MiniMed 508).  All went great until we got a low battery warning.  I called MIniMed and changed to new batteries. No Problem.  Since then, (about 7:30) we now have high numbers.  Before dinner he was 92.  He ate stuffed pizza crusts - we bolused accordingly.  I know from the posts that pizza is hard to deal with.  At at 8:28 - 274, at 8:37 286, at 8:58 - 317.  Is it the pizza or do I have another problem? No ketones.  Should I ride it out or call endo?

Thanks for your advice.

Sue Cahill
mom of SIXSONS
Mike, 7 yrs, dx 1-97 pumping since 3:00 p.m. today