[IP] pump approval

i got my call from minimed today and i'm approved for my pump! they are
sending my new 508 green pump out this week. unfortunately, they are
sending it to my doctors, not to me, so it will sit in my doctors office
until december when i get training. most of the posts i've seen say that
you guys got your pumps delivered straight to you. but, my doctor says he's
had problems with people hooking themselves up, so he won't let the pump be
delivered to his patients anymore.  has anyone else had this problem? i was
looking forward to spending some "quality time" with my pump, checking it
out and stuff, now i have to wait for december.