[IP] Fwd: have some questions (long sorry!)

-- BEGIN included message

Well tomorrow is 1 full week. The first 3 days I was low all day and thanks
to this list it must have been residual lente. Now I am up and down. Getting
pretty frustrated.My daily total of insulin on MDI was 27 units and now Iam
taking almost 20 unit on the pump and that is with 3 meals no snacks at all
because I am too high for a snack. Unless I bolus for one.It isnt working so
well. I thought when on the pump you use alot less insulin?More insulin for
me seems to bring on weight and I am trying to avoid this. But can one take
more insulin on the pump then with MDI or is it just until my basals are set
correctly? OK # 2 I have a small pouch in the abdomen which is where I inject
but it has been getting tender after 2 days(no redness or infection) might
the insulin not be absorbing as well because I used my abdomen a lot on MDI
for 17 years. If I go above the belly button there isnt much to grab, alot of
ribs though so would I avoid this area? There is about a 1/2 inch that is
pinchable maybe a little more.How far to the sides of the belly button can
you go?? Thank you to everyone in advance. Not much support from CDE or Dr.
This list really helps :o) Leesa
email @ redacted

-- END included message