Re: [IP] soon-to-be pumper

> Hello everyone. My name is Sharon and I am mom to Coble, 5 year-old
> boy dx Oct. 97.
....One concern of mine is that Coble (who is excited about
> the pump) will decide that the pump "bothers" him  (ie, while
> playing, sleeping, etc) Any advice?

About a year ago, a parent of a 5 year old girl related that
occasionally her daughter would decide she did not want the pump on.
She was allowed to take it off but was immediately put back on MDI
(with no long term insulin). The result was alway a return to "her"
pump within 24 hours or less. Snacks, eating at fixed times, ridgid
rules about wake up/sleep times and "no" goodies are big easily
recognizable benefits to pumping, even for a 5 year old.