[IP] Catch 22

My insurance company will no longer pay for Emla, saying it has become OTC
(over the counter).  But, my pharmacy says until the product no longer says
"by prescription only" on the tube, it will not sell it over the counter.
Has anyone else been denied coverage for Emla by their insurance company
lately?  Also, my pharmacy charges $67. for a tube of ElaMax 4%.   They will
sell it to me because I do have a prescription, and I'll pay rather than have
my child suffer, but am curious how the rest of you are experiencing this.
Thanks, Holly