From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 1:22 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Flu shot

I've received the flu shot for years and this year learned two things to
pass
along.

After feeling badly that I postponed for so long I was told that it was a
good thing, as it lasts for 90 days and early November is a better than
getting it in October.

I am miserable today, as I received it yesterday and now I can't seem to get

my bgs to come down.  I thought with the pump, I'm new to it this year, this

wouldn't happen, yet it did.  My readings are in the high 400s and low 500s

(this NEVER happens) and I have upped my rate, taken additional bolusses and

waited with no change.  I just injected a few units and have put a call in
my Dr.   It is like having a viral thing and I remember reading a post from
someone asking about possible reactions or changes in bgs. FYI, be prepared
for some "downtime" after the flu shot.