Re: [IP] pumping in Disney

> One question for the future...Kevin is going to have a 2 day (4
> games) soccer tournament next weekend. We have trouble regulating
> after 1 game...I dunno what will happen with 2 in a day. He usually
> goes low about 3-4 hours after a game if we arent careful. We reduce
> basals to 60% and he gets some freebies.  ANyone ever do this kind
> of marathon soccer??

Yep, routinely about once a month for the last ....many.... years.

Lily usually turns her night time basals down at least 0.1 and
sometimes 0.2. Daytimes rarely go down more than 0.1. A bigger
problem is simply the variability introduced by the game stress. I
would suggest rising a least 2 - 3 hours pre-game and getting him
mentally comfortable, fed, etc... so he has a chance to clear his
digestive system. That's not to say a small snack and small bolus
won't help pre-game, it may keep him more stable, but the big morning
meal and the "wake-up" adjustment need to be as far away from game
time as is feasible.

a proud Soccer Dad with two daughters whose teams took
divisional champions these last two weekends.
Lily - Class 1 under 18
Daisy Class 3 under 13 ( in the pouring rain )