From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 11:38 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] corn starch vs corn meal and spiking

In a message dated 11/10/99 10:37:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< NiteBite Bars- they have a very slow releasing component
 (cornstarch?) t >>

Kap - age 9 - will be pumping at Christmas - what a gift -
question is he had cereal this morning w/ 2% milk - Corn meal was first
thing
on list - so i am thinking - ok- corn is is slow to bring #s up - we use
humalog and nph mixed - and he is having lots of spikes
his am check was 127 - great fasting # - so i covered carb with humalog and
gave dosage of nph and sent him off to school - and 45 minutes later -
teacher asked him to test sugar - he didnt look like he felt good - and she
wanted to know where the # was at since this was a State test - he was 545 -

what gives - with corn meal - if anyone has info that will help explain this

(food) - i would be forever grateful
it has got to more than the carb counting and insulin peaks -
does anyone have sites for glycemic index - i have Rick's
darlene (mom to Kap)
forever seeking
Knowledge, Truth and Justice
cant have 1 without the others