Re: [IP] Am I the only one? RE: insurance

In a message dated 11/10/99 11:15:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I keep hearing of everyone's problems with insurance and wonder what I did
 right. I've got Tufts POS. Pump was approved in two weeks. All of my
 supplies are covered 100%, including test strips. Am I one of the lucky
 ones? >>
Yes, Jef I think you are one of the lucky ones!  It took us 5 months of
begging, pleading, threatening and bombarding our insurance with information
to get my 9 yr old (who is diabetic and asthmatic) on his pump......I can't
tell you how many Fed-Ex packages went out to them in that time....My
neighbors must have thought I had a "thing" for the Fed-Ex delivery guy!!
LOL!!  BUT, seriously, in the end we got it approved and he's been happily
pumping since May......Well worth the fight, but it still makes me feel sad
because I still have two other sons who are diabetic who we can't get pumps
approved for  :-(  I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES!!!!!!