From: CARRIE VARGAS <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Sex with you Pump
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 22:23:35 -0800

	This is an exception to my current no posting rule...
	DO NOT TELL ME OR ANYONE ELSE THAT IS A LATTER-DAY-SAINT TO LIGHTEN
UP!  Would you feel the same way if the comment was a racial or cultural
slur?  NO!  AND DON"T EVEN TRY TO TELL ME OTHERWISE!  The comment was
highly offensive and demeaning, and an apology should be made for
it.
	While I realize it was meant as a "joke", it was only successful in
perpetuating very demeaning and hypocritical stereotypes.  This list is
to help people talk about their diabetes and their pumps, not to insult
people and their personal beliefs.
	My reccommendation is that we all refrain from comments that could be
considered derogatory or hurtful to anyone's backgrounds, and stick to
the purpose of this list... Let's all think before we type...

Carrie, mother of Caitlyn dx'd 20 months, age 4 1/2

email @ redacted wrote:

 > In a message dated 11/9/99 1:57:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
 > email @ redacted writes:
 >
 > << I don't really appreciate the "Mormon" comment as I am one.  The
Church of