Re: [IP] Marathon Soccer Basal

In a message dated 11/9/99 3:49:10 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< We reduce basals to 60% and he gets some freebies.
 ANyone ever do this kind of marathon soccer??
Oh, yes at least one tournament a month for 9 months a year.  Except I'm the
pumper not the kid.  Just had one thought that has been working good for my
exercise class.  When do you do the 60% reduction?  I do mine (sliding
percentage based on bg reading) about one hour prior to exercise to allow my
bg to be on the rise when I start exercising.  This has worked better than
lowering it at the start of the exercise (game).

Good luck,