Re: [IP] Help please - weight loss :-)

In a message dated 11/9/99 1:43:06 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I am 20
 years old, 5'10", and I would like to lose 15 pounds.
 I wear a size 10 in most things, but would feel more
 comfortable at an 8. >>

First of all, I just can't resist -- I AM SO JELOUS!  OK got that out of my

Hi Leanne,
I'm 39ish, dm 19 yrs, pumping 4 yrs.  I'm 5'8" and have recently gone from a
size 14-16 to a comfortable 12.  I've been trying to diet this extra weight
away and was "exercising" by walking the dog, etc about 3 times a week.  I
was almost in starvation mode, and it still wasn't coming off. I had done the
DKA method for years and you can read that post, I kinda got up on the old

I know nobody wants to hear this, but it works.  Up the length and difficulty
of your exercise.  You need to increase your heart rate for at least 20,
preferably 30 minutes at a time.  3 times a wk is minimum to maintain.  I've
been doing 5 times week to lose.  I've also been doing some weight training,
about 3 times/wk in addition to step classes.

Now here's the funny part.  I'm a scale watcher, every morning before the
shower.  It hasn't budged that much.  I've lost 10 lbs now in 2 months.  But
inches wise I've lost a ton, jeans waist size went down 2", my behind doesn't
jiggle when I walk (always used to even when thin), my tummy is even starting
to look flat instead of sticking out, (I've never done this before).

The problem's always been trying to FIT the exercise INTO my schedule. Now
I've PUT IT ON THE SCHEDULE and work around it.

Best of luck, there's lots of ways to win the diet war, please choose a
healthy one,