Re: [IP] support group meeting & early diagnosis

In a message dated 11/9/99 10:07:54 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I know Jess was diagnosed at 9 months old, and back then it
set a record in this area...now it seems as if children are being diagnosed
younger and younger than the previously stated 2 years and older.  Is this a
trend we should be concerned about?  >>

I have worried about this also.  During my Clara Barton Birthplace Camp
experiences in the 1950s and all the diabetics I came into contact with as a
young person, I never came across anyone diagnosed as an infant until about
10 or 15 years ago, when at 1 point I knew about 5 diabetic infants in this
area alone.