Re: [IP] orange juice

At 09:58 AM 11/9/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I've read that orange juice, and grape juice have primarily glucose
>as the main sugar.   But, many other fruits, including apples,  tend
>to be primarily fructose (amoung other various sugars).
>Something else I read somewhere, that I will try to recall, is that
>fructose is worthless for bring someone out of hypoglycemia. (snip)

I was surprised to see that apple Juice was ineffective in treating hypos.
I have used it frequently and have noticed no difference between it (apple
juice) and other juices.  In fact, apple juice seems to be the default pure
juice at the grocery store.  I try to keep a supply of juice "boxes" handy
in the car and by my bed.  In some stores there is nothing available that
is pure specific juice of one fruit other than apple.  Boxes of "Grape
Drink or cocktail or blend" are easy to find but I can no longer find
either pure grape or pure orange.  I have a lot of trouble with that.  I am
willing to pay more for good juice that is veriatle.  It isn't available at
any price.

I digress.  Apple seems to bring my BG up as fast as any.  My body seems to
convert fructose to glucose in the blink of an eye.

Bob Blakely