[IP] plastic thingies

Ruth wrote:
>  into the trash I go...

after kathie told her:
> You need the clear and the opaque piece.

No you don't.  I mean you CAN if you want the hassle of tracking down the
little pluggie things, but you do NOT need to cap the ends....it will most
likely have no effect whether you do or don't.  I used them on both my tubing
end, and the catheter end for about 6 months...kept a plastic button set in
my bathroom, one in my overnight case, one in the butter dish, they were
EVERYWHERE!!!  and changed it every few weeks or so...this was not
sterile...nothing can get INTO you, there is a little rubber thing in the
catheter set that the needle of the tubing plugs into - kinda like putting a
needle into an insulin bottle. So no dirty tub water, sand or massage oil is
going to go IN that way, and no insulin is gonna come seeping back out, I

And as long as you don't dip the end of the tubing in a petrie dish of
saliva, i doubt you are going to get any serious infection or anything else
by NOT capping the tubing end...

Just disconnect for the shower, leave the pump running, and when you are
ready to plug back in, give a small bolus to make sure drops are coming out,
then plug er in!.  You can either bolus for the missed basal, or wait til the
next time you check bg and correct for any overage at that time!!!

who now throws those plastic thingies AWAY...SUCH a waste.  they ought to put
one in the POWER PACKS - make them even more medically necessary and
covereable as DME.heh heh