[IP] MM508-Quick Battery Power Loss

I have been using my new MM508 for 23 days.  This morning I got my first LO
Battery alarm.  I was in the middle of doing something and figured I would
get replace the batteries in the next couple of hours.  15 minutes later I
got a NO PWR alarm.  Fortunately I was home and could immediately replace
the batteries.  I called MiniMed to ask why I had such a short time between
alarms.  I thought the first alarm was to signify I had 10% of the battery
life (I assume this would be at least 12 hours).  The response I got was
that the MM508 uses batteries quicker.  This really did not address my issue
with the amount of time between alarms.  I told the woman that if I had been
driving to work, I would have had to pull off the side of the road to take
care of this.  The operator is sending me a package of batteries.... I don't
think she understood that the length of time between alarms is the issue and
not how long the batteries last.

Has anyone else experienced such a short time between alarms?  This does not
seem safe and wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Peter Schogel